It has been a while since my last blog. I have not been doing too well lately. My PTSD is still getting worse. I don’t know why but I am having bad dreams and getting really pissed off over nothing much. I have made an appointment with my Mental Health provider; we will see how that goes.
I bought Glenn Beck’s Common Sense when it first came out. I tried to read it but lost interest. So it sat on my book shelf until I was doing a little cleaning (which is not much). I pick it back up and now I can’t put it down. When I started reading it again it was as if Glenn was talking to me, and he understood everything that I was feeling. I am really pissed off at the way the government is being ran. I used to never talk about politics or religion, but now someone needs to talk about it. The country that I love and put my life on the line for has developed a really bad tumor. Now as a fighter for this country I and everyone else need to stand up and do something about it. I agree with Mr. Beck that we are not talking about violence, but using our God given rights as Americans to stand up and put a stop to this bull. In Mr. Beck’s book Common Sense page 15 he asks some questions that I think are VERY important. See what you think, these are the questions as written in Common Sense:
1. Do you trust those in power to always tell you the hard truth—especially if it would hurt them at election time? I say no, but that is what they were elected to do.
2. How is it possible that every president since Jimmy Carter has promised to lower our dependence on foreign oil, but now we import more oil than ever from countries that do us harm? I think that we need to close all borders and not let any foreign products in unless we have an equal or greater export to that same country that we get the products from.
3. Are we to honestly believe that the country that took the idea of a man walking on the moon and turned it into a reality within eight years, or the country that built a transcontinental railroad in seven years (without power tools) doesn’t have the ability to completely build a 670-mile fence along our southern border that was promised in 2005? I say that big government doesn’t want to, because then the poor people from the south would not be able to come into the USA illegally. Then the elected officials would not have their votes. But wait you say, yes the Speaker of the House Nancy P. wants to let them vote, which is where ACORN comes in.
4. Why are the same politicians who insist that America is a “melting pot” the first ones to insist that different races, nationalities, and ethnicities retain their distinct languages, identities, and practices? I say that we all are Americans; we need to come tighter and fight the problems head on. The reason for the Politian’s wanting this is so we keep fight amongst ourselves so that they may sit in Washington D.C. and make a bunch of money and sell the American people down the river, which there is no return.
5. Why are those who respectfully question science behind global warming mocked and condemned? That is because it is all a big fat distraction. This also ties in to the wanting us to not pay attention to what they are really doing. If we are looking one way then they can once again sell us down the river.
6. Do you believe that you’re elected representative view themselves as truly being “public servants” who place your well being above their own? Hell no they don’t!!! They get into politics for the money, the connections, and the fame. Serving your country should be an honor not just a paycheck. Look at the military we join because it is the right thing to do, in our opinion. That is why I think the any elected representative local or national should not be able to make over $50,000 a year. I think that since Washington made the mess, all of them should take a pay cut to help fix the National Debt.
7. Do you believe that those in Washington see your face when they make decisions or, instead, the faces of those who richly contribute to their campaign? I think all they see are $, and that is all that really matters to them, themselves. It is no longer the way of life to help their neighbor unless there is something in it for themselves.
8. Do you believe that our “public servants” have your best interests at heart and will defend your life, liberty, and property? Once again Hell no. It is a sham the way this country has gone down the drain. We must support and defend the Constatution of the United States, no matter what. Even if the President says we need to do this if it does not go with the Constitution, then we must not do it. We must fight and do everything that we can so that the living breathing thing called the Constitution will remain the most important document above all else.
I have just recently joined a group called the Oath Keepers this is their motto:
Oath Keepers is a non-partisan association of currently serving military, reserves, National Guard, veterans, Peace Officers, and Fire Fighters who will fulfill the Oath we swore, with the support of like minded citizens who take an Oath to stand with us, to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, so help us God. Our Oath is to the Constitution.
I for one believe that the time of niceness is over. Every person who agrees with me, we must stand up and fight for what is ours. If we don’t stand up then I think that no one will, and the USA and Constitution that we all love will no longer matter. With that said I leave you all to think about the future of the country that I love and fought for.